We love this quick and easy One Pan Chicken Shawarma recipe for busy weekend dinners.
It is also a fantastic make-ahead option for meal prep, so whip up a pan on Sunday to enjoy as lunches and dinners all week long!
I’m a huge fan of all things shawarma! I pretty much get my fix on a weekly basis at this point with no signs of stopping.
Chicken shawarma is full of flavor, a perfect base for #ALLTHEVEGGIES and toppings, plus it tastes amazing the next day. I’ve factored it into my meal prep routine for the leftovers alone and holy cow I love them so!
We alternate the delivery method to keep things interesting.
Depending on ingredients handy and current foodie cravings, we’ll raid the crisper for all the veggies we can find and cycle through the following shawarma delivery methods:
- healthy grain bowls with quinoa, rice, or cauliflower rice
- mezze (Mediterranean appetizer) style with hummus, tahini sauce, veggies, and pita wedges
- chicken shawarma wrap, wrapped up in a pita, gyro-style
- shawarma-topped salads with fresh tomato and cucumber
- chicken shawarma sandwich, on a bun with yogurt sauce, fresh tomato and cucumber or other vegetables
What spices are in Chicken Shawarma?
The spices you’ll want to have on hand are cumin, smoked paprika, paprika, turmeric, salt, and pepper.
If you don’t mind a little heat, you can make chicken shawarma have as much kick as you’d like by adding cayenne pepper too. Sometimes I’ll add garlic powder to the mix as well. You can also use a pre-made shawarma blend if you happen to come across one.
Feeling citrusy? Lemon zest makes an excellent addition to your homemade shawarma seasoning blend.
One Pan Chicken Shawarma
In an effort to make weeknight dinners as easy as can be, I bring you this quick and easy chicken shawarma. Because we all need some sheet pan suppers in our arsenal, right?
This one pan wonder is going to rock your weeknight dinner routine!
Paleo? Serve with cauliflower rice and/or a big green salad to keep things paleo and Whole30 compliant.
My absolute favorite way to enjoy it lately is a big fluffy pita loaded with this sheet pan chicken shawarma, peppers, onion and a big dollop of tzatziki sauce. Sometimes I’ll even add some crispy shawarma roasted chickpeas on top too. They’re amazing!
We love this one pan chicken shawarma and can’t wait for you to try it!
One Pan Chicken Shawarma
- 2 lbs chicken thighs boneless skinless
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1/2 cup avocado oil or healthy oil of choice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley or cilantro to garnish
- Pat chicken dry and place in a zippered plastic bag.
- Juice lemons into a medium-small bowl and combine with with avocado oil, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, turmeric, and garlic. Whisk well and pour into bag with chicken. Massage to mix and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- When you're ready to get cooking, pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, or lightly drizzle with a little extra avocado oil if preferred.
- Spread out the chicken evenly on the baking sheet for even roasting. Set aside peppers and onion by adding them to the bag with any remaining marinade. Massage to coat.
- Roast chicken for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and registers 165 degrees F internally. After 15 minutes, add the peppers and onion to the pan and continue cooking until chicken is done and veggies are tender. Garnish with cilantro or parsley and serve with your choice of rice, quinoa, warm pita bread, and so on. Anything goes!
More Recipes You’ll Love