Break away from carb-heavy summer salads and wow everyone with this super yummy roasted Cauliflower Salad!
This easy faux-tato salad starts with perfectly roasted cauliflower. It’s cooled and tossed with celery, onion, bacon, and cheese in a rich creamy dressing.
So easy to make and everyone loves this recipe!
A Fully Loaded Cauliflower Salad
- Just as refreshing as it is delicious this is a great twist on a potato salad.
- This is best made in advance and chilled to let the flavors blend!
- This recipe works as a hearty side dish with all your favorite bbq recipes and even those who don’t follow a low carb lifestyle LOVE this cauliflower potato salad.
- Roasting the cauliflower so it’s lightly caramelized adds extra flavor!
Ingredients & Variations
Cauliflower – Use fresh cauliflower for best results. Frozen cauliflower florets will work but should be thawed first. Fresh broccoli can be substituted in this recipe or use cauliflower and broccoli!
Bacon – No time to cook bacon? Use pre-packaged bacon bits and pop them in the microwave for about 45 seconds to crisp. Use chopped hard-boiled eggs for a meatless salad, if desired.
Dressing – Mayonnaise, sour cream, sweet relish, and apple cider vinegar only need a few savory seasonings. Add in some fresh herbs like dill or parsley, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, or a minced clove of garlic.
Cheese – Cheddar is best but if it’s not available, use shredded mozzarella, a Mexican blend, feta, bleu cheese crumbles, or parmesan!
Add-Ins – Radishes, celery, and green onions bring the crunch and contrast. Add other favorites like chopped pickles, red onion, olives, or red bell pepper.
How to Make Cauliflower Salad
The flavor of this recipe is similar to a classic potato salad and it’s one of our fave low carb recipes.
- Toss cauliflower with olive oil and seasonings. Roast until browned (per recipe below).
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Toss cooled cauliflower with remaining ingredients & dressing.
- Cover & chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Storing Leftover Salad
Keep leftover loaded cauliflower salad covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, stirring before serving.
Did you make this Loaded Cauliflower Salad for a crowd? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Loaded Cauliflower Salad Recipe
- 1 head cauliflower about 8 cups, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- ½ cup radishes sliced
- ½ cup celery diced
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 green onions sliced
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 teaspoon mustard or dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss cauliflower pieces with olive oil, salt, & pepper. Roast on a sheet pan for 15-20 minutes or until tender-crisp. Set aside to cool completely.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place cooled cauliflower in a large bowl along with the remaining ingredients. Toss with dressing.
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.