This is an easy and delicious chicken dish that takes very little prep!
Tender chicken cooked in a zesty tomato sauce loaded with onions, garlic and veggies! Perfect served over your favorite pasta!
Chicken thighs will give you the most tender results. If using chicken breasts, be sure to keep an eye on them! Slow Cookers can vary greatly so while you want the chicken tender and cooked through you don’t want to overcook it as it will dry out. If you happen to have bone in chicken, that works beautifully in this recipe as well! You can certainly add extra veggies or whatever veggies you have on hand to this recipe. I’ve added zucchini, peppers and mushrooms all with great results.
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
Italian Crock Pot Chicken
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 12 chicken thighs , skinless
- 4 chicken breasts , skinless
- 1 green pepper , diced
- 1 red pepper , diced
- 2 stalks celery , diced
- 1 onion , diced
- 1 can (28oz) diced tomatoes, lightly drained
- 1 can (6oz) tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce (or pasta sauce)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 oz shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- Place all ingredients except parmesan cheese in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender. DO not overcook.
- Remove chicken, shred and return to sauce. Remove bay leaf and stir in parmesan cheese.
- Serve over pasta (or spaghetti squash for a low carb/healthy option).
- Garnish with fresh parsley and parmesan cheese if desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
More Recipes You’ll Love