This is an easy and delicious chicken dish that takes very little prep!
Tender chicken cooked in a zesty tomato sauce loaded with onions, garlic and veggies! Perfect served over your favorite pasta!
Chicken thighs will give you the most tender results. If using chicken breasts, be sure to keep an eye on them! Slow Cookers can vary greatly so while you want the chicken tender and cooked through you don’t want to overcook it as it will dry out. If you happen to have bone in chicken, that works beautifully in this recipe as well! You can certainly add extra veggies or whatever veggies you have on hand to this recipe. I’ve added zucchini, peppers and mushrooms all with great results.
Items You’ll Need For Crockpot Italian Chicken
Crock Pot Italian Chicken
- 2 oz shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Toss chicken thighs with flour. Place in the bottom of a slow cooker and top with green pepper and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine stewed tomatoes, garlic, Italian dressing, tomato paste, and seasonings. Pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on high 3-4 hours or low 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender. Do not overcook.
- Serve over pasta and top with fresh parsley and parmesan cheese.
More Recipes You’ll Love