This month on the cover of the Food Network Magazine, they feature grilled corn! There are lots of different options but one stood out in particular… the bacon wrapped corn! Mmmm.. sweet corn with salty, crispy bacon… a match made in heaven as far as I’m concerned!!
While they have a photo, they don’t provide much in the way of directions (just a sentence or 2) and, as simple as it seems, the bacon wants to unwrap itself from the corn or not crisp up even after grilling for an extended time. I did play around with it and the end result was outstanding!
This Bacon Wrapped Corn takes corn on the cob to a whole new level! It can be grilled or baked in the oven.This is something I can’t wait to play with more. I have tried a jalapeño cheese grilled corn (with some issues) so I am still working on it.. but the addition of the grill makes the corn so darn delicious!
Items you’ll need for this recipe:
* Corn on the Cob * Tin Foil * Bacon *
Grilled Bacon Wrapped Corn
- Corn on the cob
- 2 slices of bacon per ear of corn
- Tin foil
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- Husk each ear of corn. Wrap the bacon around each corn ensuring it overlaps. You will need two slices per ear of corn because the bacon shrinks. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Place each bacon wrapped corn on a piece of tinfoil and twist the ends.
- Grill on medium-high for about 20 minutes turning every 5 minutes. Remove from grill and open each package. The bacon will now be secured to the corn.
- Place bacon wrapped corn directly on the grill for a couple of minutes to crisp the bacon watching carefully so it doesn't burn. Serve hot.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)