This rocky road recipe is one of the easiest treats to make!
Chocolate and peanut butter are tossed with nuts and marshmallows. Simply chill, slice, and enjoy.
An Easy No-Bake Treat
You may have heard of Rocky Road ice cream, and this treat has the same flavor in a fudgy little bite.
- Quick & Easy: Since it’s no-bake, rocky road is quick to prepare.
- Customizable: Swap out ingredients, and add nuts or your favorite dried fruits.
Ingredients in Rocky Road
The ingredients you need to make Rocky Road are pretty simple and you very likely already have them on hand!
I use a combination of chocolate, peanut butter, nuts, and marshmallows.
I usually choose pecans or walnuts but you can use whatever nuts you like best (or have on hand)!
You can use colored marshmallows instead of white, add raisins or dried cherries, chocolate chips or cereal bits.
Use your imagination and your family’s favorites to create a dessert square everyone will love!
- Chocolate chips: Semi-sweet chocolate chips keep this treat from being too sweet; dark chocolate chips can also be used.
- Peanut butter: Use either creamy or crunchy peanut butter.
- Nuts: Walnuts and peanuts add texture and flavor. Swap in almonds or pecans if you’d like.
- Mini marshmallows: These give a great texture and add sweetness. While I prefer the flavor with white marshmallows, you can use fruit-flavored marshmallows in place.
How to Make Rocky Road
Rocky Road is a simple and easy candy that doesn’t require lots of attention. No messing around with candy thermometers or worrying about temperatures.
- Melt the peanut butter and chocolate together over low heat according to the recipe below.
- Cool slightly and stir in the add ins.
- Chill, slice, and enjoy.
Did you make this easy Rocky Road recipe? Leave us a rating and a comment below!
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cups chopped peanuts
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Line a 9 x 9 inch pan with parchment or foil.
- In a medium-sized pot over low heat, melt together the chocolate chips and peanut butter, mixing until smooth.
- Stir in walnuts and peanuts and remove from heat. Allow to cool for 3-4 minutes.* Fold in the marshmallows until coated.
- Spread mixture into the lined pan and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into 16 squares and serve.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.