I absolutely love Brussels sprouts! Along with stuffing, they are my favorite thing to pile on my plate at a turkey dinner!
This recipe is simple and quick but I had to share it because this is how my mom and my Grandma always served Brussels when I was young.
This recipe does call for Panko breadcrumbs. They are a lighter crispier bread crumb and perfect for making a crispy crust or topping in lots of recipes. If you don’t have Panko you can certainly substitute regular breadcrumbs. Panko breadcrumbs can often be found near the spices or in the Asian aisle of your grocery store (or online).
Items You’ll Need For This Recipe
Bread Crumb Brussels Sprouts
FollowSpend With Pennies on Pinterestfor more great recipes!
- 3 cups fresh brussels sprouts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- salt & pepper to taste
- Wash brussels sprouts, remove any tough leaves and score an 'X' in the bottom of each (or cut in half if they're very large).
- Boil or steam brussels sprouts until just softened and drain. (About 12 minutes to boil)
- In a small pot melt butter. Add Panko bread crumbs and toast over medium heat until lightly browned (about 6 minutes).
- Toss brussels sprouts with bread crumbs and season with salt & pepper. Serve hot.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
More Side Dishes You’ll Love