Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes are velvety rich. This easy dish requires no boiling, just simply chop & season and let the slow cooker do the rest!
The result is smooth and flavorful potatoes which are the perfect side to any turkey dinner. They can easily be prepped ahead of time and kept warm in the crock pot until serving!
Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes
A hearty meal is just never complete without warm mashed potatoes. What’s better than mashed potatoes, you may be wondering? Mashed potatoes made in a slow cooker!
Just imagine creamy potatoes with melted butter to complement your meal with very little work and only one dish. Can you say, heck yeah?! Add in a bit of sour cream, cheese, or whatever you fancy making these creamy crock pot mashed potatoes the star of your meal!
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
These potatoes are perfect to serve with an easy swiss steak, or slow cooker salisbury steaks! In fact, these are the perfect side to your next a big turkey dinner since you don’t need to worry about boiling the potatoes and these are prepped well ahead of eating. This means that when you’re in the crazy hectic last minutes of getting your turkey carved and your gravy ready, these are waiting and ready in the slow cooker.
If they’re done a little early, just set your slow cooker to warm and they’ll be perfect.
How to Make Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
The best potatoes to use are red, white or yellow because of their smooth texture and buttery flavor! I’ve also successfully tested this recipe with russet potatoes (remember to peel them).
To make these creamy, add a splash of milk or heavy cream if needed (depending on the type of potato, you may not need it). I use Homemade Chicken Stock but you can use canned or even vegetable broth for the initial cooking, the results will still be amazing.
Whatever taste and texture you prefer can easily be incorporated into this recipe!
More Classic Potato Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes – Go to side dish!
- Perfect Baked Potatoes
- Twice Baked Potatoes – Make ahead and freeze!
- Potatoes Au Gratin
- Loaded Twice Baked Potato Casserole – Family favorite!
No Boil Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds potatoes red, yellow or white
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese optional
- salt & pepper to taste
- milk or cream to taste
- Peel potatoes and cut into chunks.
- Place potatoes, broth, garlic powder and onion powder into a 4QT slow cooker.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-7 hours, stirring every hour or so or until tender.
- Using a hand masher, mash potatoes until smooth. Stir in butter, sour cream, parsley and cream cheese if using. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve or keep on warm until serving.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)