This is my absolute go-to recipe. My family loves it, I love it (it’s super easy to make). This is the meal that I take to a friend who needs a night off from cooking and I always get asked for the recipe. Serve it along with a salad and a fresh loaf of bread for an easy weeknight meal!
This recipe makes a 9×13 pan, and that’s ok as the leftovers are perfectly delicious for lunch the next day!
Creamy Tomato Pasta Casserole
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 1 pound uncooked tubular pasta such as penne or rigatoni
- 1 jar of Alfredo sauce
- 1 jar your favorite pasta sauce
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta al dente according to the package directions and drain.
- Spread a thin layer of pasta sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Layer half the pasta, half the Alfredo sauce, half the pasta sauce and 1 ½ cups of cheese. Repeat layers ending with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes until heated through and the cheese is melted.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)