This easy homemade chipotle aioli sauce recipe is so versatile, it’ll be in your fridge all year long!
Double up on this quick, spicy mayo spread because it’s one of the best condiments to ever to hit the fridge! A standard aioli recipe is a mayonnaise base with garlic and other additions, this easy version adds in a little heat too!
MAYONNAISE You can use store-bought mayonnaise or make your own homemade mayonnaise. Light or regular will both work great!
SPICES Garlic, onion powder, and cumin are mixed in with the mayo to give it that savory flavor!
CHIPOTLE Bring on the heat! Chipotle peppers finely minced. Chiptole powder will work in a pinch.
VARIATIONS If there’s no chipotle powder or peppers, then use sriracha or chop up some jalapenos! Add as much or as little heat as you can handle.
How to Make Chipotle Aioli
This is so quick, it’s ready in 1,2,3!
- Mash garlic with salt until it forms a paste.
- Add mashed garlic to a bowl with remaining ingredients (per recipe below).
- Season with salt and pepper and keep refrigerated.
How to Store
- Store chipotle aioli in an airtight container or a mason jar. It should last about 2-3 days. Before using aioli, give it a shake or a stir. If stored longer, there is a risk that the garlic may produce botulism, a serious toxin, and this is not a risk worth taking.
- Add this aioli to marinades, or even to soup, stew or stock! Really great in a pot of mashed potatoes, too!
The Best Dippers!
We love chipotle aioli because it’s creamy, savory, and just a little bit spicy! Try it with:
- The Best Cheesy Breadsticks – made with pizza dough
- Baked Fish Nuggets – kid-friendly
- Sweet Potato Wedges – oven-baked
- Easy oven-roasted asparagus – ready in less than 15 minutes
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders– a family favorite
- Crispy fried zucchini – great for dipping
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries – sweet & savory
Did you love this Chipotle Aioli dip? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
- 1 clove garlic small
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper* finely minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon cumin
- Place garlic clove on a cutting board and add salt. Mash with a fork until it forms a paste.
- Add mashed garlic to a bowl with remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and season with salt & pepper to taste.
Add more chipotle pepper for more heat.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)