This is the only haystacks recipe you’ll ever need!
These sweet little no-bake treats need just three ingredients and three steps! Yes, please, and thank you!
Delightfully sweet, salty, and crunchy, just in time for movie night or the big game!
No Bake Butterscotch Haystacks
- Are butterscotch haystacks cookies or candy? Either way, they’re an easy recipe that kids love to help out with!
- This no-bake recipe has only three ingredients that are super easy to find, with lots of room for mixing, matching and add-ins!
- Just like puppy chow, and rice Krispie treats, butterscotch haystacks can be made ahead.
Only 3 Ingredients!
Chocolate Chips – Semisweet chocolate chips are the perfect addition to balance the sweetness of the butterscotch chips.
Butterscotch Chips – Butterscotch chips and chocolate go hand-in-hand and give a boost of flavor. Peanut butter chips or chopped-up peanut butter cups can be used, too!
Chow Mein Noodles – Chow mein noodles are sold in bags and they’re dry and crisp (and they stay crispy and crunchy even after they’re mixed).
Other crunchies to try are bite-sized pretzel twists, small rods, or even waffle shapes. Corn flakes and Chex cereal make great haystacks, too!
Extras – Shredded coconut, mini M&M’s, chopped nuts, Reese’s pieces, colored sprinkles, and mini marshmallows are fun add-ins!
How to Make Haystacks
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Stir in chow mein noodles and drop them onto parchment paper using a spoon or tongs. Cool in the refrigerator until set.
Storing Butterscotch Haystacks
Keep butterscotch haystacks in an airtight container either on the counter or in the fridge. Freeze them in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months and let them thaw at room temperature before serving.
Did you enjoy these Butterscotch Haystacks? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups butterscotch chips
- 5 cups crispy chow mein noodles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips in a large bowl and place in the microwave.
- Heat at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir and continue heating at 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Stir in chow mein noodles. Drop onto the prepared pan and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes or until set.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.