Taquitos made in the air fryer are extra easy, cook quickly and come out crisp. Plus, you don’t have to worry about the hassle of frying.
These Air fryer Taquitos are little hand-held bites, crunchy on the outside with a cheesy chicken filling and a little bit of spice from fresh jalapenos!
This post is sponsored by Mirum, all opinions expressed are my own.
Amazing Air Fryer Taquitos
We love chicken taquitos and these are no exception.
- These are easy to make ahead of time (and can even be frozen before cooking).
- They’re great snacks for game day or a perfect meal with some Homemade Style Salsa.
- Load them up with your favorite ingredients and/or meats and veggies.
CHICKEN We use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken for these but taquitos are great for using up leftovers like taco meat or pork.
TORTILLAS Corn tortillas are the traditional option (and my favorite for sure), but you can use flour tortillas too. Be sure to heat the tortillas first so they don’t crack when rolling.
CHEESE Cream cheese makes the filling extra creamy while shredded cheese adds ooey gooey goodness.
I love the added heat from jalapenos in this version…. to be honest, I love spice added to almost anything!
That being said, spicy foods can trigger heartburn. Being proactive in treating heartburn before it begins means that you can enjoy your favorite foods (like these jalapeno taquitos since I know you’re going to love them) without worrying about heartburn sneaking up on you!
Always talk to your doctor or a licensed professional before taking a new medication.
If you haven’t tried Omeprazole ODT before, it’s so easy to take (no water required). The tablets are strawberry flavored, simply pop one in your mouth every morning and it will dissolve right on your tongue.
Omeprazole ODT is available at most nationwide grocery stores and even better, is available as a store brand at a great price. Keep in mind that, depending on the store, the packaging might look different. The pharmacist can help you find it if you need it (and check here to find Omeprazole Orally Disintegrating Tablets in your area).
Use as directed for 14 days to treat frequent heartburn (occurring 2 or more days a week). May take 1-4 days for full effect. Not intended for immediate relief. You should not take Omeprazole ODT for more than 14 days, or more often than every four months unless directed by a doctor.
How to Make Air Fryer Taquitos
- Season chicken with taco seasoning and mix with cream cheese, jalapenos, and green onions until creamy.
- Place a scoop of the mixture in the center of a softened tortilla, add cheese, and roll tightly. Secure with a toothpick.
- Brush with oil. Place in the Air Fryer, being sure to keep some space between each taquito so they cook evenly.
- Leftover taquitos can be kept in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for about 4 days. Reheat them in a toaster oven or under the broiler for about 5 minutes.
- Freeze them in zippered bags and label them with the date and they will keep about 2 months.
More Air Fryer Favorites
- Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
- Air Fryer Steak
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Crispy Air Fryer French Fries
Did your family love these Air Fryer Taquitos? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Taquitos
- 2 cups cooked chicken or pork or beef, shredded
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon jalapenos finely diced
- 1 green onion sliced, green and whites divided
- 1 cup Tex Mex cheese shredded
- 8 corn tortillas 6 inches each
- cooking spray
- Combine chicken, taco seasoning and 3 tablespoons water. Simmer 5 minutes or until water is evaporated.
- Add cream cheese, jalapenos, and the whites of the green onion. Cook until melted and creamy.
- Place tortillas on a plate, top with a damp paper towel and microwave 40 seconds or until warm.
- Divide filling over tortillas and top with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll tightly and secure with a toothpick.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Spray taquitos with cooking spray or brush with oil. Place in a single layer and cook about 6-8 minutes or until crisp.
- Cool 2 minutes before serving. Garnish with remaining green onions and toppings as desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.