Roasted garlic is beautifully mellow and sweet, it’s a great addition to sauces, potatoes, and sides or even spread on bread.
Making roasted garlic in the air fryer is easy and so much quicker than making it in the oven. Simply drizzle with oil and air fry until golden and tender.
If you’ve never roasted garlic, it has a completely different flavor compared to fresh garlic. It doesn’t have that raw, strong bite the flavor is sweet and light.
An Easy Way to Roast Garlic
- Just like oven roasted garlic, it gets tender and soft with a sweet delicate flavor.
- Air fryer roasted garlic uses an entire bulb. Each clove can be squeezed out to use in a recipe and the rest can be saved or frozen for later.
- Need to fix up a bland salad dressing or soup? Stir in a little roasted garlic, or add some melted butter and make garlic toast.
- Just 2 simple ingredients and an air fryer are all it takes to make this delish recipe!
Ingredients and Variations
GARLIC Choose bulbs that are heavy, unblemished, and still covered in their skins. Don’t peel them so the oil can get between the cloves.
OIL Olive oil is drizzled on top, any light flavored oil will work.
How to Roast Garlic in the Air Fryer
This will easily become a favorite condiment in the kitchen.
- Slice off the top of the bulb (just enough to expose all of the tops of the cloves).
- Drizzle with oil and wrap in foil.
- Cook in the air fryer (as per the recipe below).
Roast several bulbs of garlic at once. After cooking, cool and then gently squeeze the cloves out of their skins. The garlic can be place in a single layer in a freezer bag and stored for future use.
How to Use Roasted Garlic
Here’s our ‘best of’ list of recipes for using roasted garlic.
Spread it on bread or add it to butter for garlic toast. Up-level a burger, wrap, sandwich, or baked potato by mixing it into garlic aioli.
Storing Roasted Garlic
Keep leftover roasted garlic cloves in the bulb & cover them in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Freeze roasted garlic by squeezing out the cloves from the skins and then freezing them in a zip-top bag for up to 4 months.
More Garlic Faves
- Garlic Butter Oyster Mushrooms – ready in 15 minutes
- Garlic Parmesan Fries – so easy to make!
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites – perfect for game day
- Garlic Butter Shrimp – a low carb fave
- Garlic Parmesan Wings – super flavorful
What dishes do you add Roasted Garlic to? Leave us a comment below!
Air Fryer Roasted Garlic
- 3 bulbs garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 380°F.
- Cut the top ¼ of the garlic off so the cloves are exposed and drizzle with olive oil.
- Wrap the garlic in foil and place in the air fryer basket.
- Cook the garlic for 30-35 minutes or until it is tender and golden.
- Remove the bulbs and gently squeeze each clove to remove it from the skins.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.