Garlic Parmesan Fries are easy to make in the oven or air fryer and taste better than a restaurant!
Crispy on the outside, tender and fluffy on the inside, and topped with the perfect combination of savory garlic and tangy Parmesan, this is an easy upscale for fries.
Why We Love These Fries
- They’re baked or air-fried so they’re crisp and not greasy.
- They pack a big punch of flavor but are easy to make.
- Cut potatoes into thin strips, wedges, or steak fries.
- They go great with anything from burgers to steaks.
- This recipe works with frozen fries if you’re pinched for time!
Ingredients and Variations
POTATOES: Choose russets or Yukons for the best homemade fries. They have less moisture and more starch, giving them a soft interior.
SEASONINGS: Freshly minced garlic gives these fries a savory flavor and seasoned salt is essential for fries!
PARMESAN: Freshly grated parmesan is our fave but of course a jar works! I take a bit of fresh parm and put it in the blender or food processor for a few pulses.
Pre-shredded parm doesn’t work well in this recipe.
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Fries
- Prep Spuds: Scrub potatoes & cut into fries. Soak them cold water (this removes starches).
- Season and Cook: Toss fries in oil & seasoning and bake or air fry per recipe below.
- Toss in Garlic Parm: Melt butter & garlic and toss with fries and parm.
How to Reheat
For best results, reheat fries in the air fryer or oven allowing space for air to circulate.
Our Fave Fries
- Chili Cheese Fries – perfect for game day
- Homemade Poutine – a Canadian classic
- Air Fryer French Fries – golden crispy every time
- Oven Baked Jicama Fries – low carb
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries – only 4 ingredients
- Crispy Zucchini Fries – appetizer or side dish
Did you love these Garlic Parmesan Fries? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Garlic Parmesan Fries
- 2 russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt or to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Scrub potatoes and cut into ¼" fries. Place in a large bowl of cold water and soak 30-60 minutes. Drain well and dab dry with a kitchen towel.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390°F (or bake in the oven per directions in the notes).
- Toss potatoes with oil and seasoned salt to taste and place in the air fryer basket.
- Cook 10 minutes, shake/flip and cook an additional 6-8 minutes or until crisp.
- While potatoes are cooking, place butter and garlic in a small dish and melt in the microwave until heated.
- Once potatoes are crisp, remove them from the air fryer and place in a large bowl. Add garlic butter and toss well to combine. Add parmesan and parsley and toss.
- Serve immediately.
Crisp up leftover air fryer French fries by placing them back into a preheated air fryer for about 3-5 minutes. To bake in the oven, preheat the oven to 375°F. Spread drained and seasoned potatoes on a pan and bake for 20 minutes. Turn the oven up to 425° and cook fries until golden, about 20-25 minutes more.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!