The air fryer makes the most tender pork tenderloin in about 16 minutes!
Deliciously seasoned and incredibly tender, this meal is ready in about as much time as it takes to make a side salad.
Why We’re Obsessed With This Recipe
- This recipe is short on prep time but big on flavor!
- It’s so tender and juicy, you can almost cut it with a spoon!
- Cooking time is fast, and preheating the air fryer takes just minutes.
- Pork tenderloin is both low carb and low calorie.
- The air fryer seals the juices and makes a beautiful crust on the outside.
Pork tenderloin is one of my all time favorite meats to cook. It’s very lean and tender and cooks really fast.
Be sure you are buying a pork tenderloin (and not a pork loin). Tenderloin usually weighs just over 1 pound and it is long and slender, approximately 2″ in diameter. A pork loin is much larger/thicker and cannot be substituted in this recipe (we use this recipe for pork loin).
The seasoning for this pork tenderloin is a mixture of balsamic vinegar, dijon, and spices. You can marinate it for up to 1 hour if time allows.
How to Prep a Pork Tenderloin
Pork tenderloin is very lean and doesn’t require a lot of preparation.
Most often, there will be a white/silver area on the pork (called silver skin) which should be removed as it can be tough. Simply place a sharp knife under the silver skin and slide it along the skin to remove (we do the same with beef tenderloin). If your pork tenderloin has any fatty bits, they can be removed as well.
How to Cook Juicy Pork Tenderloin in the Air Fryer
- Combine the seasoning mix. Brush over the pork tenderloin.
- Place in a preheated air fryer and cook 16 minutes. (As per the recipe below)
- Remove and let rest before slicing.
Be sure to check your tenderloin early. Air fryers (and the weight of your tenderloin) can vary and affect how quickly the pork cooks. Cook until the pork reaches 145°F (or just a few degrees before).
Tips for the Best Tenderloin
- Use an instant read meat thermometer. This is a very lean piece of meat and it will dry out if overcooked. You can get a meat thermometer for under $15 (here on Amazon) and cook all kinds of meat to juicy perfection. An investment my kitchen would never be without!
- This recipe is for about 1 1/4 lb tenderloin. A smaller or larger piece of meat will need the cooking time adjusted by a couple of minutes.
- If the tenderloin is too large to fit in your air fryer, it can be cut in half. Cooking time will not change.
- Rest the tenderloin at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Preheat the air fryer for best results.
Keep cooled pork tenderloin in an airtight container up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Freeze slices in small zippered bags for up to 4 weeks. (Make sure the date is labeled on the outside.)
Use leftovers in a sandwich or try it in these Quick and Easy Pork Fajitas.
Sides for Pork Tenderloin
- Brown Sugar Roasted Sweet Potatoes – creamy side
- Homemade Applesauce– perfect with pork
- Rosemary Roasted Baby Potatoes – easy to make
- Buttery Glazed Carrots – buttery and sweet
- Garlic Butter Air Fryer Mushrooms – ideal topping
Did your family love this Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
- 1 pork tenderloin about 1 ¼ to 1 ½ pounds
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Remove the silver skin from the pork tenderloin by slipping a knife under it. Gently pull the silver area off while cutting with the knife.
- Combine the seasoning mix in a small bowl and brush over the tenderloin on all sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the pork tenderloin in the air fryer basket (cut it in half to fit if needed) and cook for 16-17 minutes or until pork reaches 145°F. (I remove the pork from the air fryer a few degrees before as it will continue to rise while resting).
- Let pork rest at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Appliances and cooking times can vary. Check the pork early to ensure it doesn't overcook.
- Use an instant read meat thermometer. This is a very lean piece of meat and it will dry out if overcooked.
- This recipe is for a 1 1/4 lb tenderloin. If yours is smaller or larger, cooking time will need to be adjusted by a couple of minutes.
- If the tenderloin is too large to fit, it can be cut in half. Cooking time will not change.
- Rest the tenderloin at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- The pork tenderloin can and should be a little bit pink in the middle for the best results.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
My husband’s comment while eating the pork tenderloin… “this pork is exceptional!”
I am so happy to hear this recipe was a hit!
Best air fryer pork tenderloin recipe I have ever made! Family loved it! Didn’t have Dijon and used plain yellow mustard instead. Was still KILLER!
I am so happy to hear this recipe was a hit with your family Cindy!
Delicious! First time I ever cooked beyond chicken tenders in my air fryer: will be regular meal
So glad you loved it Roberta, the air fryer makes meals so easy!
You might want to re-check the fat content of 31g in this recipe, as pork tenderloin is almost fat free and there’s only 1 tbsp of olive oil for the entire recipe.
Hi Tabitha, thanks for pointing that out. We double-checked this recipe, and while pork tenderloin is low in fat there is still some that account for almost all of the fat listed in the nutrition information. Hope that helps!
I don’t usually write reviews but this one deserves 5 stars and two thumbs up. I’ve been trying to perfect pork tenderloin for years. This simple little recipe and my new Air Fryer did what dozens of recipes and lots of experiments have never accomplished – perfection! I would confidently make this for a fancy dinner party or a quick weeknight feast. Thank you.
Yay! That is great, Beverley! So happy we could help you perfect this recipe.
Flavor was great, even my picky husband liked it! Even better the next day as leftovers :)
Took way longer than 16 min in my air fryer, but that was no big deal. Going to try the same marinade on boneless chicken thighs tonight.
That is awesome, Amanda! So happy you enjoyed it.
There are lots of food bloggers like this but the best food blog “Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin” is yours. Much thanks for giving me a smart blog.
Can you cook two pork tenderloins in the air fryer at the same time? I have a combination air fryer/ countertop oven which can easily accommodate two.
That should work just fine Vicki as long as your air fryer is not too crowded.