Tips for Amazing and Healthy Hair!
Love it? Pin it to SAVE it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Add your own great tips in the comments below!
We ALL want healthy, shiny hair that bounces and always looks camera ready. Realistically, however, most of us spend a lot of time trying to manage our tresses. Most women (and some men, too) have come to see their enemy: something they have to fight every day and are desperate to conquer. That’s pretty sad considering that your hair is so prominently displayed… right there on your head. So here are a few tips for healthy hair so you can stop loathing it and start loving it.
- Wash oily hair daily but drier hair should be washed every other day (or every three days). Natural oils will keep hair lustrous and shiny (as long as it isn’t out of control, in which case it will look dirty.)
- Concentrate shampoo at the roots of the hair (where the oil is produced) and conditioner at the ends (where there is less natural oil and the hair is more prone to split ends and fly aways.). Condition after every shampoo. Always. No excuses. Choose a shampoo and conditioner specially designed for YOUR hair.
- Deep condition. Coconut oil makes a fabulous hair conditioner. Melt a few tablespoons of coconut oil and massage it into the ends of your hair. Let it sit for a few minutes and then coat your hair with a thin layer from root to tip. Wrap with a shower cap and a towel and let sit 30-45 minutes. Rinse and wash as usual. Your hair will be silky smooth and shiny!
- Sunscreen for your tresses. The sun can easily damage your hair, dry it out and change the color. Did you know that you can purchase products specifically made to protect your hair (and scalp) from the damaging sun! Check your local salon, or you can grab UVA and UVB protection for your hair online well.
- Some people even choose to go a totally all natural route and forget about the commercial shampoos on store shelves. They opt to use vinegar and baking soda as a shampoo and household oils (olive oil, coconut oil) as hot oil deep conditioning treatments. Eggs can also be applied directly to dry or frizzy hair for a smoothing and taming effect.
- Frequent trims. Keeping your ends trimmed is a must for anyone wanting healthy happy hair!
- There are also some foods that you can eat that can help you to grow strong, healthy hair. You may not be aware of this, but your hair is a great gauge of your health. Shiny, lustrous strong hair indicates that your body is getting enough of key nutrients like Omega 3 fatty acids, protein, Vitamin D and more. Some examples of foods that are good for your hair are:
- Sweet potatoes
- Greek Yogurt
Eating well is the simple, natural way to keep your hair looking great.
More Bath & Beauty Tips Here