This quick and easy flower cupcake craft is a great Spring activity to do with the kids! You can also switch up the colored sugar for sprinkles or use colored marshmallows for variety! :) Aside from the actual baking of the cupcakes, this is a super quick project!
Use this as a learning tool for your little ones by having them sort or count the petal colors or create patterns!
Marshmallow Flower Cupcakes!
This quick and easy flower cupcake craft is a great Spring activity to do with the kids!
- 12 cupcakes , any flavor
- 1 container of vanilla store-bought frosting , or 1 batch of home-made vanilla frosting
- A package of regular sized white marshmallows
- Sprinkles or colored sugar of various colors
- Gumdrops , small round candies, or chocolates
- Spread a small amount of frosting on each cupcake. It doesn’t need to be perfect, since most of it will be covered by toppings.
- Place a gumdrop or round candy piece in the center of each cupcake.
- Flatten each of your marshmallows with the palm of your hand, then use a knife or round pizza cutter to slice each marshmallow into 4 even slices.
- Dip the cut side (or the side which curls inward, if both sides are cut) into the colored sugar or sprinkles. Place each of the slices, sugar or sprinkle side up, onto the cupcake around the center gumdrop, in a flower petal pattern.