This quick and easy flower cupcake craft is a great Spring activity to do with the kids! You can also switch up the colored sugar for sprinkles or use colored marshmallows for variety! :) Aside from the actual baking of the cupcakes, this is a super quick project!
Use this as a learning tool for your little ones by having them sort or count the petal colors or create patterns!sh
Marshmallow Flower Cupcakes!
- 12 cupcakes any flavor, already baked
- 1 container vanilla frosting store-bought or 1 batch of home-made vanilla frosting
- 1 package white marshmallows regular sized
- sprinkles or colored sugar of various colors
- gumdrops or small round candies, or chocolates
- Spread a small amount of frosting on each cupcake. It doesn't need to be perfect as most of it will be covered by toppings.
- Place a gumdrop or round candy piece in the center of each cupcake.
- Flatten each of your marshmallows with the palm of your hand, then use a knife or round pizza cutter to slice each marshmallow into 4 even slices.
- Dip the cut side (or the side which curls inward, if both sides are cut) into the colored sugar or sprinkles.
- Place each of the slices, sugar, or sprinkle side up, onto the cupcake around the center gumdrop, in a flower petal pattern.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)