Sesame Chicken is tender and delicious with flavors of soy, garlic and ginger, brown sugar and sesame seeds. This dish is perfect served over rice.
A Homemade Favorite
What is Sesame Chicken? Sesame Chicken has tender chunks of chicken in a delicious sauce. The chicken is marinated in cornstarch and egg and pan-fried until crisp.
The sauce is slightly sweet and sticky with brown sugar, soy, ginger, and garlic. Sesame flavor comes from both sesame oil and sesame seeds.
How To Make Sesame Chicken
- Marinate chicken in cornstarch, egg and soy sauce.
- Combine sauce ingredients (recipe below).
- Stir fry in batches until browned. Add sauce and simmer.
So easy to make! Serve over rice and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 pound chicken breast diced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds toasted
- Toss chicken with egg, cornstarch and soy sauce. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken in batches and stir-fry until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add sauce and simmer until thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
More at Home Favorites
- Chicken Pad Thai
- Easy Pepper Steak
- Chicken Lo Mein
- Shrimp Stir Fry
- Chicken Chow Mein
- Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
- Sweet and Sour Pork