This pistachio strawberry salad is the best summer salad ever. Crisp lettuce, fresh strawberries, chewy dried cranberries, green onions, quinoa, a handful of pistachios.
A favorite salad recipe that everyone loves!
This pistachio strawberry salad is a perfect side or summer lunch.
Pistachio Strawberry Salad
There are basics to a strawberry salad, but like a tossed salad, almost anything goes. Here is a list of the basics, with a few tips to make your pistachio salad the best one on the table!
- Lettuce: Use lettuce, green or red leaf. For a Spinach Strawberry Pecan Salad, swap out the leaf lettuce for spinach (and add pecans instead of pistachios).
- Berries: Strawberries can be swapped with any kind of berry.
- Pistachios: Use almonds, walnuts or pecans in place of pistachios.
A Perfect Strawberry Salad
For a really beautiful strawberry salad, keep the lettuce evenly chopped or torn, slice the berries and green onions.
To add extra flavor, roast the pistachios (and all nuts) in a small pan until they are just barely browned and fragrant. Allow them to cool completely before adding to this salad. Cooking nuts makes them crunchier and really enhances their flavor!
To Make Strawberry Salad:
- Cook quinoa and set aside, make sure it is fully cooled before adding to the salad.
- Combine dressing ingredients and refrigerate.
- Add cooled quinoa, sliced strawberries, cranberries, sliced green onions, and chopped, roasted pistachios and crumbled feta cheese.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad, toss gently and serve immediately.
What Goes Best With This Salad?
Croutons go great on this salad to give it a little extra crunch. But a side of thinly sliced garlic bread or crackers also works well!
This is definitely a salad that can stand on it’s own as an entrée, but if it’s served as a side, it goes great with pork chops or grilled chicken breasts fresh off the grill!
More Delicious Side Salad Recipes
(In case you can’t decide)
- Caesar Salad – always a great option
- Black Bean Quinoa Salad – healthy!
- Chickpea Salad – super refreshing
- Cobb Salad – a classic
- Tomato Avocado Salad – great in the summer!
Pistachio Strawberry Salad
- 1 pound strawberries
- 6 cups leaf lettuce washed
- ¾ cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 3 green onions
- ⅓ cup pistachios roasted
- ⅓ cup feta cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon fresh basil chopped
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon each salt & pepper
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake well and refrigerate.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl, drizzle with dressing and toss well.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
When you say cider vinegar, do you mean apple cider vinegar or is Tania a different vinegar? This looks delicious!
We are referring to apple cider vinegar in this recipe!
I really liked the combination of flavors in the salad, although I didn’t add quinoa or cranberries. But I hated the dressing. I used a lemon vinaigrette.
Sorry to hear that Carol, but a lemon vinaigrette sounds like a delicious substitution!
I made this salad last night! Amazing! Everyone Loved it! A perfect choice for Summer! The only thing I didn’t do was add green onions or quinoa. I also topped it with garlic cheese croutons. Next time I may serve it with grilled chicken for a complete meal! Thanks Holly !
Those additions sound delicious Christine! Garlic cheese croutons especially!