How to Host a Perfect Summer Barbecue (& Make Paper Towel Flowers)!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Thanks to Renova for sponsoring this post! I had such fun creating with their beautiful paper products!
Pin it to your SUMMER GRILLING BOARD to SAVE it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Tips to Host a Perfect Summer Barbecue
1. Choose a theme! Choose either a color theme or a party theme… this will give you a good starting point to tie everything together from decor and menu to activities!
2. Make your decor interesting (but simple)! You’ll want to add a pop of colour to go with your theme! Even a plain old wooden picnic table can look amazing by adding in some of The Sexiest Paper on Earth (come on people, look how awesome those napkins are), a few pretty “paper towel” flowers (directions below) and some fun straws!
3. Refreshments! Ensure you have lots of great refreshments and even if you’re serving alcohol, it’s a great idea to have some non-alcoholic options! For every BBQ I host, I always whip up a couple of pitchers of Mojitos! Also have lots of bottled water or pitchers of water on hand, especially on a hot day!
4. Menu! Plan your menu well ahead of time… It can be as simple as hot dogs with some fun toppings & chips or as elaborate as surf & turf with sides & garlic bread. Remember, you don’t have to do everything yourself! If someone offers to bring a side or dessert, let them!
5. Activities! Depending on the crowd, it’s fun to have a few simple activities such as bean bag toss, horse shoes, bocce ball or even just a football to throw around!
Most of all, just remember that the purpose of a barbecue is to have fun and be with your friends and family!
REPIN Paper Towel Flowers to SAVE it for later!
How to Make Paper Towel Flowers!
I used the gorgeous red Renova paper towels to make the flowers for my BBQ table! Not only is this a very inexpensive way to decorate, it’s SUPER easy to make and adorable! Each flower took me about 2 minutes to make! They matched my Renova napkins perfectly making for a simply gorgeous table in minutes!
Renova has the most beautiful paper products, made in Portugal and now available in Canada (find them near you here)!! You can also buy Renova products online! If you’re looking to add a little flair to ANY room in your house, you’re going to love these big bold colors! There are SO many fun colours to choose from and we were crazy excited over the fun scented tissues! You’ll definitely want to head on over and check out the RENOVA – Canada Facebook page for lots of fun ideas!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of RENOVA. The opinions and text are all mine. Restrictions apply.