Egg Muffins are a delicious and tasty grab-and-go breakfast.
Protien packed and deliciously simple, egg muffins are little handheld egg bites filled with our favorite add ins and cheese.
We make these easy egg muffins ahead of time and reheat them throughout the week for a perfect meal on the go!
Egg Muffins Are An Easy Make Ahead Breakfast
- They’re healthy and naturally gluten-free and low in carbs.
- Egg muffins are a great way to use up any kind of leftovers, including veggies or meats.
- They’re great for meal prep. Make them ahead of time (on the weekend) and reheat them in the microwave on busy weekday mornings.
- Egg muffin cups are perfect on their own or tucked between a couple of pieces of toast for a quick breakfast sandwich.
Ingredients in Egg Muffins
This recipe is so versatile; you can add almost anything to them and try new flavors every time!
Eggs – Use large whole eggs. You can also use half egg whites (from a carton) or egg substitutes. I add salt & pepper but you can add other seasonings, herbs, or parsley.
Vegetables – Bell peppers and diced onion add flavor. You can also try adding mushrooms, broccoli, spinach, or diced tomatoes.
Cheese – Sharp cheddar is a great choice for these muffins but you can use almost any kind of cheese. Pepper jack or Monterey jack are other good options.
How To Make Egg Muffins
These little egg cups are very simple to make and taste almost like mini frittatas. Breakfast egg muffins consist of meats, cheeses, and veggies with eggs.
- Grease the muffin tin well.
- Add the add-ins to the muffin tin and top with beaten egg.
- Bake until set, and enjoy!
How to Store Egg Muffins
Refrigerator: Once baked, this egg muffin recipe will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days for a quick and easy make-ahead breakfast on the go!
Freezer: If you’d like to keep them longer, I would suggest freezing your egg muffins. We place them in a freezer bag and lay them flat until frozen.
To Reheat Egg Muffins
To reheat egg muffins, simply microwave them for about 30-60 seconds or so from the fridge. If they’re frozen, they’ll need a bit longer, about 60-90 seconds.
More Make-Ahead Breakfast Recipes
Did your family love these Make-Ahead Egg Muffins? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Make Ahead Egg Muffins
- 10 large eggs *see note
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder optional
- 1 ½ cup diced ham or 8 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled or ½ lb sausage, browned
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- 3 tablespoons white onion minced, or 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cups shredded cheddar cheese or your favorite blend of shredded cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine eggs, salt, & pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Spray a muffin pan very well with cooking spray or grease with butter. Divide the red pepper, onion, ham/bacon/sausage, and cheese over 12 wells.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cheese mixture.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until set.
- Remove from cups and serve warm or let cool completely and refrigerate or freeze.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!