There is just something about the flavors of blueberries & freshly squeezed lemons that reminds me of spring! With Easter just around the corner I wanted to come up with something different for our holiday breakfast this year rather than just regular ho-hum pancakes! This simple breakfast looks impressive but is actually very easy to make and it totally fits the bill for an excellent holiday breakfast!
Whipping up something amazing doesn’t have to be difficult… and using Bisquick Baking Mix makes these pancakes not only quick, but incredibly light and fluffy! With just a hint of lemon, these delicious poppy seed pancakes are totally irresistible when topped with Homemade Blueberry Syrup!
The great thing about this recipe is that the Blueberry Syrup is that it can be made up to 2 days ahead of time (and you definitely don’t want to skip the syrup)! That means putting this special breakfast on the table Easter morning is a breeze!
You can find more fabulous Easter brunch ideas at Betty Crocker!
Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes with Homemade Blueberry Syrup
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 2 1/4 cups Bisquick Baking Mix
- 2 tablespoons lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat and lightly grease a pan over medium heat or a griddle to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine all pancake ingredients. Stir just until combined (batter should be slightly lumpy).
- Pour 1/3 cupfuls of batter onto preheated griddle and cook just until bubbles form and begin to pop around the edges. Flip and cook just until lightly browned.
- In a medium saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch, water and lemon juice. Bring to a boil while whisking
- Add 1/2 of the blueberries, reduce heat, and let simmer 5 minutes. Add remaining blueberries and simmer an additional 3 minutes or until heated. Cool slightly before serving.
- Serve over lemon poppyseed pancakes.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Betty Crocker via Burst Media. The opinions and text are all mine.