These fruity, creamy little 6-ingredient beauties can be ready in under 20 minutes, including baking, making them ideal for a quick breakfast or brunch. You can use any kind of prepared fruit pie filling, or make your own!
Fruit and Cream Crescents
- 4 cans refrigerated crescent roll dough such as Grands Big & Flaky
- 1 can prepared pie filling such as cherry, blueberry, peach or apple
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened (1 package)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- By hand or with a mixer, cream together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Open the first can of crescent rolls and unroll them, working with 2 at a time on a large plate.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, trim the widest part at the bottom of each piece of crescent roll dough so that it forms a perfect triangle. The crescent rolls come with slightly angled bottoms, which makes it harder to roll when filled. You can save the scraps to press together and make one last crescent roll, or you can discard them.
- Spread about a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture on the widest part of the dough, to the edges of the sides and bottom, and about halfway up to the thin, pointy top.
- Place about a teaspoon of pie filling about half an inch away from the edge at the bottom of the dough. It'll spread a little more when you roll and bake it, so don't go all the way to the edges.
- Carefully tease up the wide bottom edge and roll the dough upwards, encasing the fruit filling. Keep rolling until the bottom is resting on the plate. Gently pull the top tip of the triangle so that it's long enough to be able to tuck under the bottom of the now-rolled crescent roll.
- Gently place it on a tinfoil-lined baking sheet, curving the ends inwards slightly in a crescent shape.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough. You may have some cream cheese and fruit filling left over, just save it for another yummy dessert, or mix it all together and serve as a dipping sauce on the side.
- Lightly sprinkle the tops of your filled and rolled crescents with sugar, if desired.
- Bake at 350°F for about 10 minutes, or until the crescent rolls are lightly golden brown.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)