Watermelon salad is a side dish with a twist!
Light, bright, and refreshing watermelon feta salad has cool cucumber and mint, a splash of lime juice, and a tangy sprinkle of feta cheese.
It’s unique, easy, and will be the talk of the party!
Sweet & Savory Watermelon Salad
- Watermelon feta salad is no ordinary side dish!
- It’s got all the flavors of summer with only a few ingredients.
- This salad is fast to make and great for potlucks or picnics.
- Versatile watermelon feta mint salad has room for substitutions and additions to make it a new recipe every time.
Ingredients and Variations
This watermelon salad recipe has endless options for sweet, savory, or tart ingredients!
Watermelon – Use a seedless watermelon for quicker prep and cut the pieces into smaller bite-sized cubes. Pick a watermelon that’s heavy with a yellow spot. It should have a nice uniform shape and a hollow sound when you tap or knock it!
Feta – Switch out feta crumbles for blue cheese or cotija crumbles.
Dressing – This salad is fresh and flavorful on it’s own and so the dressing is really light and fresh. A small splash of lime juice. It’s juicy and sweet with watermelon and feta, but you can drizzle the salad instead with some balsamic vinegar or a tangy lemon vinaigrette.
Variations – Color up this salad and include other fruits like cantaloupe or honeydew melons or even grilled pineapple! A handful of spicy arugula will bulk up the salad and complement the sweet watermelon and tangy feta cheese. Sliced or pickled red onions and cherry tomatoes with basil will make a more savory offering!
How to Make Watermelon Salad
- Put watermelon and cucumber in a large bowl.
- Toss with lime juice, mint, and a bit of olive oil.
- Garnish with crumbled feta and serve.
PRO TIP: For the best flavor, cover and chill the watermelon salad for at least 30 minutes before serving.
How to Store Watermelon Salad
Keep leftover watermelon salad covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Drain and gently toss the salad before serving again.
Did your family love this Watermelon Salad with Feta? Leave us a comment and a rating below!
Easy Watermelon Salad (with Feta)
- 6 cups watermelon cubed
- ½ English cucumber sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice about 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves chopped or torn
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
- Place the watermelon cubes and cucumber slices in a large salad bowl.
- Add the lime juice, olive oil, and mint. Gently toss the salad to coat.
- Crumble the feta cheese, and sprinkle on top.
- Use fresh herbs in this salad. Fresh basil (or other fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro) can be used in place of fresh mint.
- To add extra creaminess, include a diced avocado. Toss the avocado with extra lime juice before adding other ingredients to prevent it from browning. Add the avocado just before serving.
- For an added twist, lightly toast some pine nuts or toasted slivered almonds and sprinkle them on top of the salad for some crunch.
- For a little bit of extra tang, add 1 to 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar. For a sweeter dressing, add 1 teaspoon of honey.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.