Gooey Caramel Brownies
You’ll want to make sure you get your
napkins wet wipes out for these sticky gooey delicious caramel brownies. They can be eaten the same day you make them but they definitely taste better once they’ve sat overnight.
We love gooey brownies, gooey warm chocolate pudding cake and fudgy chocolate cakes so this recipe fits the bill perfectly.
They are super moist and don’t require frosting.. and believe me, I am ALL about the frosting! Most cakes are just vehicles for frosting for me.
You can use store-bought caramels, or make your own with my easy 6 Minute Microwave Caramel Recipe… and you don’t have to wait for them to cool or peel them!!
Gooey Caramel Brownies
- 1 package individually wrapped caramels 14oz (or homemade caramels which don't have to be melted or unwrapped!)
- 1 can evaporated milk 12oz (NOT sweetened condensed milk)
- 1 package chocolate cake mix
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9x13 pan.
- Unwrap all of the caramels and put them in a pot with 4 tablespoons of the evaporated milk.
- Heat on medium-low and stir until melted.
- In a bowl mix together cake mix, melted butter and remaining evaporated milk.
- Pour half of the cake mixture into the greased pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with chocolate chips, drizzle with melted caramel mixture.
- Spoon remaining mixture over top and sprinkle with chopped pecans
- Bake an additional 19 minutes. (Do not over bake).
- Let cool completely before cutting. Enjoy!
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
This recipe was slightly inspired by Taste of Homes Caramel Brownies… except I was too
lazy busy to make theirs.. so I made mine!
These brownies look so delicious, I definitively have to try them! I also like how easy they are to make! Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday!
wow! Definitely something to make for a school function!
Thanks for sharing your recipe at Fabulously Frugal Thursday!
Your recipe is awesome and thank you so much for sharing it at the table with Full Plate Thursday.
Hope to see you again soon!
Do you prepare the cake mix like normal (water, eggs, oil) and then the additional stuff or just the powder mix, ev milk and butter? I’ve been trying to figure it out and can’t
Just the evaporated milk and butter. (No eggs, oil or water required)!
Now these look YUMMY! So ooey gooey. Can’t wait to try, thanks for sharing!
These look AWESOME! :)
Wow. You had me at Gooey! These look DELICIOUS!!!! I am dying to make these! Thanks for sharing – I LOVE your blog! Following now! Come visit me if you get a chance! Hope you’re having a fabulous week!
Jen @ Yummy. Healthy. Easy.
This looks great! I’m visiting from Totally Tasty Tuesday party. I would love it if you would share this on my site: http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2013/04/tried-and-true-recipes-6.html
I found you linked up at Chef in Training’s party!
Beth @ The First Year Blog
These look scrumptious! Thanks so much for sharing on Mix it up Monday :)