Shamrock Shake… aaahhhhh, that cool sweet and minty taste we all love. We love it because it’s yummy but we also love it because it means that spring is actually just around the corner!
This delicious fudge will take you only 5 minutes to whip together and is delicious!! It really doesn’t get any easier than this!
4 Ingredient Shamrock Shake Fudge
- 1 jar vanilla frosting
- 12 ounces white chocolate candy melts
- green gel coloring
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- sprinkles (optional)
- Line an 8x8 pan with foil.
- Microwave the frosting on 50% power until slightly runny (about 30-40 seconds). Stir in peppermint extract and gel coloring. You want to make the frosting a little darker than you want the fudge as the chocolate melts will lighten it.
- Microwave the candy melts on 50% power stirring every 30 seconds until almost completely melted.
- Gently stir the melts and the frosting together and spread into prepared pan. Add sprinkles if desired. Refrigerate 30 minutes and cut into squares or with cookie cutters.
- In this size pan, the fudge pieces are about ⅝" thick. If you'd like a thicker fudge, you can double the recipe.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
I love those sprinkles! Where did you purchase them?
Aren’t they adorable? I got them online at Amazon.
Can you use green food coloring, or does it have to be gel?
I use gel. Depending on the type of chocolate you are using water based coloring can react and cause the chocolate to seize. If you do use liquid, I would recommend adding it to the frosting before mixing in the chocolate.
I found Green chocolate melts ( by Wilson Art) in Walmart.
Thank you for sharing.
Holly, Awesome easy fudge recipe!!! Comes out just gorgeous!
Would love to add it to our St Patty’s Day Front Page Features http://foodisloverecipes.com
Does it have to be kept in the refrigerator or can it sit out at room temp?
It can be kept in a seled container at room temperature for about 10 days
What size pan and how is it prepared? That info seems to be missing. Thanks!
It goes into an 8×8 pan that has been lined with foil! :) Thanks for catching that, I’ve added it to the post!
Candy melts if your in the uk, can be found in asda, sainsburys etc also b&m and home bargains often have then..normally in a blue bag similar size or a little bigget than buttons, malteasers individual bags… You can get white, strawberry, orange, choc, cappuccino and probably other flavours if you shop around xx and they are similar to shape and size to cadburys buttons xx
Thank you for the great tip Tracey!!
What are white chocolate candy melts and where do I get them?
They are often found at craft stores and sometimes in the baking aisle. If you can’t find them near you, they can be ordered from Amazon.
You can get them at Walmart in the craft dept with the Cake decorating items
they are cute for the holiday!