Honey Garlic Crunch Chicken Tenders
Love it? Pin it to your DINNER board to SAVE it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
I was making dinner for my daughter … and asked her if she wanted “those wings“.. (the Honey Garlic wings she loves so much) or if she wanted chicken fingers! She asked if I could put her “wing sauce” on her chicken fingers… I have no idea why I didn’t think of this before!
I’d seen amazing Honey Garlic Chicken over at Rock Recipes before and thought it would be delicious! We used our favorite Honey Garlic Sauce and our favorite chicken finger recipe and it worked brilliantly… these chicken tenders come out crunchy, sweet, sticky and totally irresistible! You can’t believe how addictive these are!
Be sure that you don’t boil your sauce down too much or it will be too thick to toss with the chicken tenders.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 5-6 slices each
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1½ tablespoon oil
- oil for frying
- green onions
- ½ cup honey
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely diced ginger
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- ⅓ cup water
- Preheat oil to 375 degrees.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes
- In a bowl combine flour, Panko bread crumbs, and seasonings. Set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, 3 tablespoon water and 1½ tablespoons oil.
- Working with half of the flour mixture at a time (see note below) dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture and then the flour. Dip it into the egg a second time and then the flour again to double coat it. Gently press the flour into the chicken. Shake off any excess. Place on a wire rack and continue until all chicken is coated.
- Fry chicken in small batches until crispy and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Place cooked chicken in a large bowl, pour warm sauce over and toss well to coat.
- Top with green onions if desired and serve immediately.