Love it? Pin it to SAVE it to your Dinner Board!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
This recipe is SO easy and takes just a few minutes to put together and is very delicious! I find using the no-sodium or low-sodium chicken broth tastes best with this recipe.
My husband and kids all absolutely LOVE this! I know this isn’t traditional homemade chicken and dumplings, but it is definitely going to be a dish you have over and over once you’ve tried it!
My only challenge… taking a photograph of this delicious dish which is.. well… white. The photograph doesn’t begin to depict the amount of how delicious this was (because if it did, it would be an explosion of rainbows all over this page)!!
- 1 cooked rotisserie chicken or 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can each condensed cream of chicken soup and cream of mushroom soup
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1¼ cups chicken broth (I used low sodium)
- 1 roll refrigerated biscuit dough
- If using rotisserie chicken, remove the meat from the bones. Place the sliced onion and chicken in the slow cooker. Combine soup, seasoning and parsley. Pour over chicken. Top with broth. Cover and cook for 4½ hours on high if using raw chicken breasts and 3½ hours on high if using cooked rotisserie chicken.
- Cut each biscuit in half and place on top of the chicken mixture. Cook an additional 30 minutes or until the dough is cooked through.