Bunny Butt Easter Cupcakes
Cute little bunny tooshies top your favorite chocolate cupcakes! This is such a fun Easter treat!
Love it? Pin it to SAVE it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
These are the cutest Easter cupcakes around! Little Bunny Butts adorably adorn chocolate cupcakes. You can use any type of chocolate cupcakes to put these together (homemade, store bought or boxed).
For the bunny body I used a melon baller to scoop out small balls of white cake (you can also use a small ice cream scoop). Don’t worry if they’re not perfect, the coconut covers any flaws. Donut holes will also work for the bunny body.
The feet are easy to put together and they do not need to be perfect or exact either! Mine were 1″ long by just over 1/2″ wide. You really only need a couple of pink candy melts for the toes. If you don’t want to buy a whole package for the toes and you don’t have gel coloring to color the white melts, you could use frosting instead.
Things You’ll Need for This Recipe
- 12 Chocolate Cupcakes, baked
- 6 White or Yellow Cupcakes OR 12 donut holes
- 12 mini marshmallows
- 1½ cups fine coconut
- Chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1 jar chocolate frosting
- 1 jar vanilla frosting
- 1 package white candy melts
- pink candy melts or pink gel coloring (you will just need a couple of melts)
- If using white/yellow cupcakes for the bunny body, using a melon baller, scoop out a ball of cupcake for each bunny body (you should be able to get 2 per cupcake). If you are using donut holes, cut a small slice off the bottom so it can sit flat.
- Frost each chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting. Dip into the cookie crumbs.
- Place about 20 white candy melts into a small Ziploc bag and microwave about 20-30 seconds or until melted. Snip a small corner off and pipe little feet shape onto parchment paper (2 feet per cupcake plus a few extras just in case). Mine were 1" long by about ½" wide.
- Once cool, melt the pink candy melts in a small ziploc bag and pipe toes and the pads of the feet. Let set.
- Place ½ cup vanilla frosting in a small bowl. Microwave 10 seconds or until soft and slightly runny. Dip each white cupcake ball or donut hole in the vanilla frosting and then into the coconut. Gently press to adhere. Dip each mini marshmallow into the frosting and then the coconut. Let the bunny body and tail cool.
- Using white candy melts as "glue" stick the tail to the body (you can cut part of the marshmallow off if it is too big). With white candy melts stick the bunny butt to the cupcake. Finally use the candy melts to adhere the feet with the toes facing downward.
Don’t forget to peek at my Peeps Sunflower Cake!
More Recipes You’ll Love:
Adapted from What’s New Cupcake