Take Out Style Sweet and Sour Chicken
Sweet sticky chicken baked up in the oven makes an easy weeknight meal!
Love it? Pin it to SAVE it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
If you love take out sweet and sour chicken, you are going to love this recipe! It’s easy and delicious and tastes even BETTER than ordering in!
This makes a fantastic appetizer or a delicious meal! Serve it up with some rice and a side of steamed veggies for a dinner that your whole family will love!
Click print here ↓
Take Out Style Sweet ‘n Sour Chicken
- 4 boneless , skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups cornstarch
- 3 eggs , beaten
- 3 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine cornstarch, salt and pepper in a Ziploc bag. Cut chicken into small cubes and toss with cornstarch.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl and dip each piece of chicken in the egg. Preheat oil over medium heat in a skillet and brown the chicken.
- Combine all sauce ingredients. Place chicken in a 9x13 pan, pour sauce over top and bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes. Stir every 15 minutes.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Adapted from Six Sister’s Stuff