It’s amazing that something SO EASY can taste so good! Sausage and potatoes is crazy quick to prep and needs just one pan!
This simple 4 step Italian-style entrée has meat, veggies, and starch all in one. Let the oven do all the work and serve with a tangy Italian Salad!
A One-Pan Wonder!
Busy days call for easy and satisfying entrées!
- This is easily one of my favorite smoked sausage recipes because it’s jam-packed with flavor.
- It’s quick to prep and pop in the oven!
- This meal can be prepped ahead and baked at the last minute!
- Anything goes, swap out the veggies for whatever is in your fridge!
- Use the air fryer instead for an even quicker version!
SAUSAGE Smoked sausage or sweet sausage work well in this recipe! (If you’d like to use uncooked Italian sausage it will need extra time to cook and can be added to the pan with the potatoes.
POTATOES Skins on or off, any type of potato will work well in this one-pan meal. Even sweet potatoes can be used.
VEGGIES Zucchini, peppers, and onions—always the perfect combination! Add in your favorites from mushrooms to green beans.
FLAVOR The flavor of the veggies and sausage really shine in this recipe. It’s all tossed with a simple homemade Italian style dressing. If you’re in a rush swap it for bottled Italian dressing or even balsamic dressing.
How to Roast Sausage & Potatoes
Roasted sausage and potatoes comes together as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Mix the homemade dressing mix (per recipe below) and toss half with the potatoes and half with the remaining ingredients.
- Roast the potatoes 20 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, turn the oven up and roast an additional 15 minutes.
Tips for Perfect Sausage & Potatoes
- For best results with sausage and various vegetables, make sure all the pieces are cut uniformly so they roast at the same rate.
- Save time by using a thin-skinned potato (red or white); they don’t need to be peeled first.
- Give the potatoes a jumpstart in cooking (as they take a bit longer than the rest of the ingredients). While they’re cooking, chop the rest of the ingredients to make the prep quick.
- Broil for a few minutes if desired!
- Roasted sausage and potatoes make perfect leftovers! They get better the day after as the flavors blend! Keep leftovers in an airtight container for about 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Tuck leftovers into a wrap for a grab-and-go breakfast or a lunchtime pick-me-up!
Sheet Pan Dinners
- Sesame Ginger Salmon & Broccoli – sweet & tangy
- Garlic Butter Sheet Pan Shrimp – the perfect weeknight meal
- One Pan Chicken Shawarma – so flavorful
- Sheet Pan Greek Chicken – with fresh, healthy ingredients
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil – a crowd favorite
Did your family love these Roasted Sausage & Potatoes? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Roasted Sausage and Potatoes
- 1 pound potatoes peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 pound smoked sausage cut in ½" slices
- 1 red bell pepper diced, or green
- ½ medium zucchini cut in ½" slices
- ½ red onion cut in ½" pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon of the dressing mix.
- Bake 20 minutes. Meanwhile, toss remaining ingredients with the remaining dressing.
- Add to the pan and mix well. Increase heat to 450°F and roast an additional 15 to 20 or until vegetables are tender. Broil for 2 minutes or until golden.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.