Mediterranean Couscous Salad is full of bright fresh flavors with a crazy easy homemade dressing!
This dish is extra quick to make and filled with juicy ripe tomatoes, fresh crisp cucumber, and crunchy bell peppers. A 2-minute dressing and a sprinkle of herbs and cheese make this easy salad the perfect side or meatless main dish!
Why We Love this Recipe
This dish is easy to prepare, filled with fresh veggies, and topped with a homemade tangy dressing…what’s not to love?!
It’s so fast! Couscous takes just about 5 minutes to make! While the couscous cooks and cools, get all of the veggies washed and chopped and the entire dish is ready in about 20 minutes.
This pasta salad is also so versatile. You can add chickpeas for a meatless main dish, or toss in some leftover chicken, seafood, or any meat for a hearty entree!
Ingredients & Variations
As a salad, it’s often served with feta cheese, diced cucumber and sometimes with chickpeas.
Couscous is a very small, ball-shaped (or rice-shaped) pasta. Also called pearl couscous, it’s a popular staple in many Greek recipes.
Fresh Vegetables are the star of this recipe! Diced cucumbers, juicy tomatoes, and bell peppers give this salad the perfect crunch. Add in your favorites while trying to keep a variety of colors and textures.
Don’t forget the feta cheese! It’s the perfect addition to this salad with just the right amount of saltiness.
For the homemade dressing, combine all ingredients and shake to combine before pouring over the salad. Try adding a little lemon zest for an extra bit of flavor!
Ensure you use a light tasting olive oil as some extra virgin olive oils can have a bitter taste. Use any oil you have on hand, try vegetable oil, grapeseed oil, or canola oil.
How To Make Couscous Salad
This easy summer salad is ready in just 3 simple steps!
- Prep: Cook couscous (per recipe below) and prep vegetables.
- Dressing: Make salad dressing and shake in a jar, set aside.
- Combine: Toss all ingredients together and serve immediately!
How Long Does Couscous Salad Last?
Like any pasta salad, couscous salad will last about 5 days in the refrigerator. Refresh the flavors by adding some extra dressing or a dash of salt or pepper.
It’s not recommended to freeze couscous because freezing pasta will result in a mushy texture once it is thawed out. But this salad is so easy to make, why not make a fresh batch?
Favorite Pasta Salads
- Italian Pasta Salad – go-to potluck dish
- Caprese Pasta Salad – bright and tangy summer salad
- Easy Greek Pasta Salad – perfect make-ahead dish!
- Pesto Pasta Salad – full of flavor
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad – colorful side salad!
Did you enjoy this Couscous Salad? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
- ¾ cup couscous
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup tomatoes
- 1 cup cucumber sliced
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- ¼ cup red onion thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup feta cheese crumbled
- ⅓ cup flat leaf parsley chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring water, butter and a pinch of salt to a boil. Add couscous, stir and cover. Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well to combine.
- Place couscous in a large bowl and fluff with a fork. Allow to cool completely.
- Add remaining salad ingredients and dressing. Toss to combine and serve.