Loaded Mashed Potato Egg Rolls. Crispy egg rolls stuffed with creamy loaded mashed potatoes and gooey cheese! This may be my favorite egg roll recipe yet!
These are one of the most delicious things ever… I probably could’ve eaten all of them myself!
You can use leftover mashed potatoes (is that even a thing?? leftover potatoes?), packaged potatoes or even just boil up a batch of potatoes and mash them! I use cheddar because I love the flavor, any cheese will work of course, you could even use 1/2 a cheese string if it’s all you have on hand!
Be sure to try to seal the cheese in the potatoes and make sure the wrapper is completely sealed. This will help avoid leaking and splattering.
Loaded Mashed Potato Egg Rolls
- 2 cups prepared or leftover mashed potatoes
- ¼ cup bacon bits or crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 8 sticks of cheese approx. 3″ long by ¼″ square
- 8-10 Egg Roll Wrappers
- Combine cooled mashed potatoes, bacon bits, green onions, egg, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper in a large bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Wrap about 3 tablespoons of the mashed potato mixture around each stick of cheese trying to ensure it is completely covered (this helps prevent leaks).
- Lay each egg roll wrapper out with a corner pointing towards you. Place your mashed potato and cheese filling in the center of each wrapper. Fold in the sides and roll the wrapper tightly. Use a dab of water to secure the tip of the wrapper. (If you don’t know how to roll an egg roll it usually shows on the package).
- Note: It is important to make sure the sides of the wrapper are tucked in holding the ingredients in. If they leak, it can cause splattering.
- Preheat oil to 350°F. Fry each egg roll for about 4-5 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- Serve hot with sour cream for dipping.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
Other Egg Roll Recipes you might like: