These are super yummy and easy to make!
If you’re a fan of avocado egg rolls found at restaurants these days, you’re going to love these crispy little bundles!
Fresh avocado is diced and tossed with lime and other great flavors to create the delicious filling in these! Wrap them in wonton wrappers (about 3″x3″) and fry until crisp! Wonton wrappers can be found in most grocery stores (although Walmart does not typically have them). Check in the deli or near the tofu/soy products. If you don’t see them there, it’s a good idea to ask because they sometimes hide in unusual places!
CRISPY AVOCADO WONTONS!
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 1 large avocado diced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sundried tomato diced
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1/2 tablespoon minced cilantro
- oil for frying
CILANTRO DIPPING SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cilantro or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small blender & process until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat about 1/2″ vegetable oil in a pan.
- Combine diced avocado & lime juice. Toss with sundried tomatoes, onion and cilantro.
- Working with one at a time, place about 1 tablespoon of filling on each wonton wrapper. Dip your finger in water and run it along the edges of the wrapper. Fold diagonally and seal shut by pinching the edges.
- Test the oil with a small piece of wonton wrapper. When added it should float and bubble.
- Once hot enough, add filled wontons a few at a time. Cook about 2 minutes per side or until browned and crispy. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)