Love it? Pin it to your SIDE DISH board to save it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
This is one of my favorite homemade dressings! Not only is it healthy and full of flavor, it just takes a couple of minutes to prepare. This is the perfect dressing for a taco salad or tossed with crispy romaine, cucumbers and croutons (it’s amazing on top of any sort of Mexican dish too)!
If you reduce the liquid, this makes an amazing Avocado Dip for chips or veggies and I even spread it on sandwiches in place of mayo for a healthy kick!
Avocados are a true super food containing tons of nutrients, fibre and healthy fats! Here are just a few of the benefits of enjoying Avocados:
- Lowers cholesterol
- Packed with vitamins including potassium, vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, and vitamin B6
- Contain Fiber (keeps you feeling full)
- Tastes delicious
Serves: 1½ cups
- 1 ripe Avocado
- ½ fresh Lime, juiced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- seasoning salt to taste
- ½ Cup Buttermilk (see note below for substitution)
- ¼ Cup Buttermilk or Soured Milk (see note below)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Adjust the amount of buttermilk to get desired consistency.
Place ½ Tablespoon lemon juice or white vinegar into a ½ cup measuring cup. Top with milk and let sit 5 minutes. Use to replace buttermilk in any recipe!