Vegetable Rice Soup is the perfect healthy lunch on any eating plan! This meal is loaded with fresh veggies and flavor.
Vegetable Rice Soup (21 Day Fix)
©Cook Crave Inspire by SpendWithPennies.com
Pin it to your HEALTHY EATING board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
This soup is amazing regardless of what your goals are! I always have a huge batch of soup in the fridge so I have a quick and easy go to lunch or snack. This soup is loaded with veggies and a little bit of rice for a delicious (21 day fix approved) lunch!
This soup also makes a great base for your leftovers! If you have any leftovers you can them to this soup for a quick and hearty meal. Meat, ground turkey or quinoa are perfect additions!
If you haven’t heard of the 21 day Fix, it’s a weight loss program based on healthy eating (of real food), portion control and exercise (more information here). Since it’s January I have decided to kick off the new year with healthy eating and I will be sharing some of the 21 Day Fix program approved meals I am making!
I count this as 1 Green and 1 yellow for a lunch that really fills me up!
Learn about the 21 day Fix here
Vegetable Rice Soup
- 1/4 cup onion , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 small can low sodium diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1/4 each cup chopped carrot and green beans
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped broccoli or zucchini
- 5 cups low sodium beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon each thyme & basil
- pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- In a large pot cook onion, garlic, carrots, beans and cabbage over medium heat until slightly softened.
- Stir in bell peppers, undrained tomatoes, broth, bay leaves and seasonings. Simmer 6-7 minutes.
- Add in zucchini or broccoli and rice and simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.
Note: I sometimes add 1 tablespoon of tomato paste to boost up the flavor. It’s not technically 21 day fix approved however each serving would have 3/4 teaspoon which is approx 8 calories and 1.5g carbs.