Mmmm…. Creme Eggs… such a great part of Easter!
While these have a few steps, they are actually pretty easy to make at home! It was super fun to put together and see the finished product be so close to the Creme Eggs I know and love!
This recipe can easily be halved if you just want to make a few! No more waiting for Easter all year long!
Copy Cat Creme Eggs
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Yellow gel food coloring
- 12 oz milk chocolate melts
- Beat corn syrup, butter, vanilla and salt until smooth. Add in powdered sugar a bit at a time until the mixture is smooth & creamy.
- Place 1/3 of the mixture in a small bowl and add yellow coloring until it resembles egg yolk.
- Freeze both the white and yellow mixtures for 2 hours. Once firm, roll balls of the yellow filling. Surround with white mixture. Roll into an egg shape and place back in the freezer for 45 minutes or overnight. (Your "egg" should be 1/3 yellow and 2/3 white)
- Melt the chips in a small bowl on 50% power until just about melted. Remove "eggs" from the freezer a couple at a time, roll in the melted chocolate and place on parchment paper to set.
- If there are any bits that set and are exposed, just dab a little bit of melted chocolate on them to hold the filling in.
- Once set, serve at room temperature.
Recipe adapted from Food.com