Love it? Pin it! (Just click the photo)
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
I can’t tell you how much my kiddos LOVED this dinner… although, Doritos for dinner is pretty fun for anyone!
Any flavor of Doritos will work in this recipe, I used cool ranch! Feel free to sneak in some veggies while you are cooking up the ground beef, nobody will ever know they are there. This casserole comes together quickly and is perfect paired up with a side of corn and a salad!
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 package taco seasoning (I use low sodium)
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 cups cheese, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa (medium or mild depending on preference)
- 1 can of cream of mushroom or chicken soup (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 bag of Doritos, any flavor
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown the ground beef and mix in the taco seasoning according to package directions. Let cool slightly.
- In a bowl, mix together milk, 1 cup of cheese, sour cream, salsa & cream of mushroom soup. Stir in ground beef.
- Open the bag of Doritos and give them a slight crush. You want the pieces to be fairly large, not crumbs.
- In a casserole dish, layer ⅓ Doritos, ½ of beef mixture, ⅓ Doritos, remaining ½ of beef mixture, remaining Doritos. Bake for 25 minutes, top with remaining 1 cup of cheese and bake an additional 15 minutes or until cheese is melted & bubbly.