This creamy spinach and artichoke chicken is a quick and easy meal of seared chicken breasts in a simple yet flavor packed sauce. You can have a restaurant quality dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes!
I am all about the quick and easy dinner options, and you can almost never go wrong with chicken dishes! This chicken is covered in an ultra creamy spinach and artichoke sauce that takes just minutes to put together.
I sear my chicken breasts to golden brown with a little olive oil. You can use boneless chicken thighs if you prefer, just be sure to add a few extra minutes to the cooking time. After the chicken is cooked through, I add some garlic, a little flour to thicken the sauce, chicken stock and cream.
The main flavors in the sauce are the spinach and artichoke hearts. I use jarred marinated artichoke hearts in this dish, I love that they’re already seasoned which saves me some time when I’m trying to get dinner on the table in a hurry.
A few handfuls of fresh spinach leaves go in at the end, along with a sprinkling of parsley. I often put up a pot of pasta to boil at the same time that I start cooking my chicken. That way, my pasta ends up done at the same time as my main course and I can simply plate and serve.
This recipe is also great over rice; or sometimes I just serve it with a loaf of bread to sop up the incredible sauce! Add a salad and you’ve got a dinner that the whole family will enjoy.
This dish tastes like something you’d order at a fancy Italian restaurant; no one has to know how simple it actually is to make! In fact, you could even serve this chicken at a dinner party and get rave reviews. Regardless of how you serve it, creamy spinach and artichoke chicken is sure to be as big of a hit at your house as it is in mine.
Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts thin boneless skinless, approximately 1 ¼ pounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt divided use
- ¾ teaspoon pepper divided use
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts coarsely chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Season the chicken breasts on both sides with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Place the chicken in the pan and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place on a plate; cover to keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel.
- Melt the butter in the pan and add the garlic; cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the flour to the pan and stir until thoroughly combined with the garlic mixture.
- Pour the chicken broth into the pan. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Add the heavy cream and simmer, stirring constantly, until sauce is just thickened, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the artichoke hearts, spinach leaves, and remaining salt and pepper to the pan. Cook for 2-3 more minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Return the chicken to the pan and simmer for 2 minutes or until warmed through. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Other Recipes You’ll Love