My Dad has literally perfected the method to make a tortilla pizza that is light, crispy, and can stand up to toppings! It’s his specialty.
The secret to this recipe is in the method which ensures that the crust is crisp (and not soggy) and can hold up to your favorite toppings.
No special tools or ingredients are needed, just tortillas, shredded cheese, pizza sauce, and your favorite toppings.
What is Tortilla Pizza?
Tortilla pizza is just like a regular pizza, except there is no need to measure the flour and wait for this crust to rise. This pizza is made with premade tortilla wraps and, using the simple method below, you’ll have the most perfect pizzas in minutes.
In addition to basic toppings like shredded cheese and pizza sauce, add your own favorite toppings.
It’s the Best!
- Quick and easy pizza crust. No rolling pin, yeast, or rising is needed!
- Tortilla pizza is crispy, lightly oiled, and baked to perfection.
- Get creative with toppings, this recipe is totally versatile!
- It’s ready in no time, making it the perfect weekday dinner or after-school snack!
Ingredients for Tortilla Pizzas
Tortillas – Use store-bought flour tortillas for this recipe (try minis for a hand-held snack). Low-carb tortillas can be used in this recipe as well.
Pizza Sauce – Choose your favorite pizza sauce or make homemade pizza sauce in minutes. Add some chili flakes for a spicy kick.
Cheese – Mozzarella cheese is the cheese of choice for this recipe, because of how well it melts in the oven. But a spicy Monterey Jack or even a softer cheese like goat cheese will work, too!
Toppings – Olives, green peppers, mushrooms, pepperoni, fresh basil, and healthy shredded chicken are all great additions to this pizza. Instead of oregano try some homemade Italian seasoning or add some Italian sausage!
How to Make Tortilla Pizza
A quick overview of the method for a perfect pizza!
- Preheat: Preheat the oven and a baking pan (per the recipe below).
- Prep tortillas: Brush a tortilla with oil, add a sprinkle of cheese, and top with a second tortilla.
- Bake: Bake on the preheated pan for a few minutes, flip, and add toppings. Bake a few minutes more.
Storing Leftover Pizza
Leftover pizza will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It will also keep in the freezer for 3 months.
To reheat, preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a pan with parchment paper. Add the tortilla to the pan and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
Did your family love this Tortilla Piza recipe? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or basil
- toppings as desired
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place a baking sheet in the oven to preheat while the oven is warming up.
- Place one tortilla on a cutting board and brush it with olive oil. Flip it over and sprinkle ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese on top. Place a second tortilla on top to form a tortilla "sandwich".
- Slide the tortilla from the cutting board onto the preheated baking sheet, oil side down. Bake for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown.
- Remove the tortilla from the oven and brush oil on the second side. Flip the tortilla over so the browned side is facing up.
- Spread ¼ cup of pizza sauce on the browned side of the tortilla. Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon of dried oregano or basil over the sauce.
- Top with 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon of shredded parmesan cheese. Add your favorite pizza toppings, such as pepperoni slices, sliced mushrooms, or any other desired toppings.
- Return the tortilla pizza to the oven and bake for an additional 4 to 5 minutes, or until the bottom is browned. If desired, broil the pizza for 1 minute.
Add toppings as desired, we love pepperoni and mushroom. Cook the mushrooms (or other toppings with lots of moisture) before adding to the pizza.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.