These are a perfect little snack, appetizer or even dinner! I used leftover BBQ chicken or grilled chicken but rotisserie chicken or any type of leftover cooked chicken works perfectly in this recipe!
Taquitos are often fried but baking them crispy in the oven is super easy and they turn out great! When using corn tortillas you have to be careful to keep them moist because they crack easily. I microwave them with damp paper towels and only remove the ones I am working with while keeping the others covered.
BBQ Chicken Taquitos
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1/3 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 10 corn tortillas (you can use flour if you prefer) 6" size
- cooking spray or olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine chicken, onion and barbecue sauce.
- Place a damp paper towel on a plate and top with 5 of the tortillas. Top with a second damp paper towel and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Microwave about 30 seconds or until soft and pliable.
- Lay out one of the tortillas keeping the remainder covered. Place about 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture and 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Roll tightly and seal with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Spray each tortilla with cooking spray (or lightly brush with olive oil). Place seam side down on a parchment paper covered pan and bake 15-18 minutes or until crispy.