Bruschetta Baked Chicken
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
- 2 fresh tomatoes (or 3 roma tomatoes) diced small
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup oil packed sun dried tomatoes , drained and chopped
- 1 Tbs Olive oil
- 1/2 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp each salt & pepper (or to taste)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
Follow Spend with Pennies on Pinterest
Combine bruschetta ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Combine bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese and pepper to taste.
Dip chicken into flour, then into egg and finally into the breadcrumbs. Place in prepared pan.
Remove 1/2 cup of the bruschetta mixture and combine with tomato paste. Place on chicken. Cover loosely with foil and bake 15 minutes. Remove foil and top chicken with cheese. Turn oven up to 425 and bake an additional 20 minutes or until cheese is browned and bubbly and chicken is cooked through. Remove from the oven and serve with remaining bruschetta.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here