Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 6 servings
Taco Stuffed Pasta Shells. Jumbo pasta shells filled with a creamy seasoned beef & vegetable mixture and topped with cheese. This is the perfect weeknight meal and fun twist on Taco night!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 onion
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 1 14.5 oz can of (low sodium) diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 1/2 cups chopped veggies (red, yellow or green peppers, corn, zucchini… whatever you have on hand)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 2 Cups Salsa
- 2 Cups grated cheddar and/or monterey jack cheese
- Sour cream for serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook pasta shells al dente according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
Brown ground beef and onion in a large pan until no pink remains.
Add in undrained tomatoes, taco seasoning, 3/4 cup of water and veggies. Cook 5 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Stir in cream cheese until melted.
Fill each pasta shell with about 2-3 tablespoons of the beef mixture. Place into a casserole dish.
Top with salsa. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle cheese on top. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
To Make Ahead: Prepare up to step 5. Refrigerate or freeze overnight.
To Cook Frozen Shells: Defrost in the fridge overnight and proceed with baking as directed.
Calories: 745, Carbohydrates: 51g, Protein: 47g, Fat: 39g, Saturated Fat: 17g, Cholesterol: 152mg, Sodium: 2124mg, Potassium: 1179mg, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 11g, Vitamin A: 4565IU, Vitamin C: 19.7mg, Calcium: 289mg, Iron: 6.4mg