Love it? Be sure to Pin it or Repin it here!
With cold and flu season upon us this upcycled rice bag is a great idea. Seeing how I used a glue gun to attach my daughter’s girl scout badges, the no sew part is perfect for me!
What is a rice bag?
A rice bag is basically a fabric bag filled with rice that can be heated in the microwave or frozen and placed anywhere on the body for pain relief. This simple rice bag is small enough to be used on your forehead to relieve sinus pressure or is even great to have in the freezer just in case!
You will need:
- 1 old long sleeve shirt
- 1 cup of uncooked rice
- Optional: essential oil of your choice (lavender or eucalyptus both are great choices).
- Start by cutting the sleeve off the shirt at the armpit, then cut off the cuff.
- Tie a knot in one end of the sleeve and fill it with the cup of dry rice.
- *If you are adding essential oil put a few drops in the rice before you pour it into the sleeve.*
- Tie a knot in the open end of the sleeve.
- Microwave the Rice Bag on high for up to a minute for hot therapy or place in the freezer for a few hours for cold therapy.
- Store the Rice Bag in a cool dry place.