Unique ways to use Baby Powder
Love it? Pin it to SAVE it!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
Leave your own great tips in the comments below!
Baby powder is a cheap and useful tool to keep around the house. So run to to the dollar store or supermarket and grab a bottle, because some of its uses are amazing!
- Keep your cool: If it’s getting hot outside and your air conditioner can’t quite keep up, use some baby powder! Sprinkling it over your sheets will help to keep it cool and absorb sweat, so you’ll get a great nights sleep. Refreshing!
- Less sandy bottoms: Keep sand at bay on your next beach trip by sprinkling your sandy clothes with some baby powder. The powder will help to keep the sand out of the car, and on the beach where it should be!
- Soak it up: Oil spills can be nasty, especially if you break a bottle of olive oil in your vehicle or on a carpet. But baby powder can help to absorb the oils from your carpet or clothing not problem! Pour the powder over your spill while it is still wet, and let it do all the work. The powder will soak up most of the oil for you!
- Scrub the pooch: If your dog is smelling a bit musty, but it’s too cold for them to take a bath, rub them down with baby powder! The powder will soak up the oils on their skin and leave them smell fresh without the time of a full bath.
- Walk Quietly: If you’ve got a squeaky wood floor, a little sprinkle of baby powder will help silence your steps!
- Hair Fix: No time to wash your tresses? Sprinkle a little powder in at the roots, massage it into your scalp and comb it through. Powder makes a great dry shampoo! (This works AWESOME!!)
- Rubber Gloves: Having trouble slipping on your rubber gloves? Lightly dust your hands with powder and the gloves will slide right on!
Sources:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/02/unusual-uses-for-baby-oil_n_3201744.html http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/15-amazing-uses-baby-powder-231100219.html http://www.cosmopolitan.com/cosmo-latina/baby-powder#slide-5