Tip of the Day
Here are some great tips to keep in mind next time you are baking cupcakes:
- Do not over mix your batter, this will make your cupcakes dense & chewy
- Bring ingredients to room temperature (including your eggs) to avoid lumpy batter
- To fill your wells, put your batter in a Ziploc bag and snip off the corner. This will eliminate dripping batter!
- To ensure even baking, bake only 1 tray at a time and ensure each well has the same amount of batter
- The best way to test for doneness is to touch the top. If it springs back (and doesn’t leave a fingerprint), it’s ready
- Most cakes can be made into cupcakes:
- keep the oven temperature the same as what the recipe calls for (usually 350)
- cut the baking time by 1/2 to 2/3
- Fill cupcake papers 1/2 to 2/3 full with batter
- Baking time guidelines
- Mini Cupcakes: 8-10 minutes
- Standard Cupcakes: 18-24 minutes
- Jumbo Cupcakes: 24-26 minutes
We are always looking for great tips to share with our readers on any subject! If you have a great tip be sure to submit it here and you could be featured on our blog! We feature tips on beauty, family, DIY, cooking, shopping and more so be sure to head over and check out our previous Tips of the Day and of course our Amazing Chocolate Buttercream Frosting recipe perfect for every cupcake!