This summer pasta salad is a fresh and colorful favorite, perfect for any occasion!
This easy recipe showcases the best of summer veggies tossed in tender pasta, all dressed in a super simply fresh dressing!
A chilled pasta salad recipe is a perfect meal or side dish on a hot summer day.
This delicious Summer Pasta Salad recipe is sponsored by Walmart.
Easy Summer Salad
- Summer pasta salad is a make ahead meal or side dish, great for hot days or quick lunches.
- A budget friendly way to use up leftover veggies, summer pasta salad is party-ready in no time at all!
- It’s loved by adults and kids alike and it’s a great way to get some healthy vegetables in a fresh meal.
- Make it a main dish by adding topping with grilled chicken breasts or thighs, summer sausage, shrimp, or even beans or chickpeas.
- Use the veggies in your fridge or whatever is in your garden, anything goes!
Ingredients in Summer Pasta Salad
Pasta – We love pasta shapes like rotini as they hold up well and the dressing clings to its corkscrew shape and ridges. No rotini? Use penne, bowtie, or medium-sized shells.
Garden Vegetables – Summer veggies like zucchini, peppers, onions, cucumbers, radishes, tomatoes, corn, and carrots bring the colors of the rainbow together in one dish! Switch up the veggies with a bag of frozen veggie medley (thawed) or whatever is in your crisper!
Cheese – Feta is a dry, crumbly cheese with a rich, slightly salty flavor. A little bit goes a long way and it lasts for a long time in the refrigerator! Bleu cheese crumbles, parmesan cheese, or shredded Mexican blend can be used in place of feta.
Dressing – This fresh vinaigrette is perfect for any classic pasta salad recipe. are great choices for pasta salads since they are light and zesty and bring out flavors of all the ingredients without weighing them down.
How to Make Summer Pasta Salad
This salad is almost too easy to make, and it comes together in just a few quick steps!
- Cook pasta al dente (firm) and drain. Run under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a mason jar and shake well.
- Gently stir the cooled pasta with the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Garnish with crumbled feta or fresh herbs, if desired.
PRO TIP: Grilled corn kernels, asparagus and/or some bell peppers to bring a sweet/smoky flavor to pasta salad!
Leftover Pasta Salad?
Keep leftover summer pasta salad covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Stir and adjust seasonings before serving again. NOTE: Freezing pasta salad isn’t recommended because it won’t be as firm, just start new with a fresh salad!
Summer Salads to Savor
Did you make this Summer Pasta Salad? Leave a comment and a rating below!
Summer Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces dry rotini pasta
- ½ cup red onion slivered
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- 1 small zucchini diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- ¾ cup carrots julienned
- 1 cob corn grilled with kernels removed
- ½ cup radish sliced
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs
- ½ cup vegetable oil or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain and run under cold water to stop cooking.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a mason jar and shake well to combine.
- Combine pasta and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Toss top combine. Top with additional feta cheese and herbs if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes?
Follow us on Pinterest!
So good for being so simple! I used every veggie in my late summer garden. The dressing is delicious
Pinned all of your salad recipes. I plan to make several over the summer. They look so delicious!
All of the great salads is one of my favorite parts of summer! Enjoy Janet!
Great for hot summer nights and quick and easy to prepare.
Love trying new food and Recipes
You are in the right place Barbara! Enjoy!
Excellent salad receipes
Thanks Mary Lou! Glad to hear you are enjoying them!
This looks like summer in a bowl! I love it! Seeing your feta reminds me that a recipe I made today was supposed to have crumbled feta on it to enhance it, but I forgot to add it, oh well lol.
It is just like summer in a bowl… bummer about forgetting the feta!