My sister in law made this delicious stuffing which I just HAD to share with you! It was so flavorful and I love that you can prepare it ahead of time, even the night before!
It’s great if you would like to have extra (since I think stuffing is the BEST part of turkey dinner, I always want extra!). This can be served as scoops or placed into a serving bowl!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great recipes!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 14 oz creamed corn
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- 6 cups coarse bread crumbs (like crunchy dry bread, not the fine crumbs)
- 3 eggs , fork beaten
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook onion and celery over medium heat in 1/4 cup butter until tender (do not brown). Add corn, water, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and parsley flakes. and bring to a boil.
- Put bread crumbs into a large bowl and pour the hot corn mixture over top. Toss until combined, add eggs and mix well.
- Using a large ice cream scoop, shape into balls and place on a pan in a single layer. Pour 1/2 cup melted butter over stuffing. Cover and bake for about 25 minutes. These may be refrigerated overnight before baking.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)