Stuffing & Cheddar Bites
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
How to Make Stuffing & Cheddar Bites
Pin now to save it for later!
Follow Spend With Pennies on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
This is a terrific and easy way to get your family to eat more veggies. You can add whatever chopped veggies your family likes best to these!
This savory blend contains spinach and cheese. Broccoli & Cheddar or Mushrooms & Swiss would also be great combinations!
- 2 cups dry stuffing mix , any flavor (such as StoveTop's Chicken flavor)
- 1 10 oz bag fresh spinach
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large onion , chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic , chopped OR 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian herb seasoning OR 1 tsp each minced thyme , oregano, & rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese , such as a blend with cheddar or mozzarella
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine , melted
Preheat oven to 350
Add a small amount of melted butter or margarine to a very large saucepan or pot.
Sauté the onion and fresh garlic (if using) over medium heat until soft.
Add the fresh spinach to the pan or pot and cover and turn the heat to medium-low.
Once the spinach has wilted, remove it from the heat, cool slightly and chop using a knife or pizza cutter.
Combine all ingredients in t a large bowl and mix well.
Spray or grease a 8x8 pan and gently press the stuffing mixture into it.
Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Serve with sour cream if desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)