I love these St. Patricks Day Pops! These could easily be cake pops but I wanted something quicker and easier… so I decided to use marshmallows! They were actually very easy to work with and were a perfect size!
Candy melts and lollipop sticks are available at craft stores and most grocery stores. Check the bulk section, especially for the yellow melts because you only need a few.
The first step is dipping the stick into the melts before putting it into the marshmallow… this helps the marshmallow adhere to the stick. Make sure you don’t overheat your candy melts and that you tap off all excess before adding the colored sprinkles.
St. Patricks Day Pot of Gold Marshmallow Pops
- Large Marshmallows
- Lollipop Sticks
- 1 1/2 cups Green Candy Melts
- 1/4 Cup Yellow Candy Melts
- M&M Minis (yellow only)
- Green Colored sugar
- Shamrock Sprinkles
- Wooden Skewer
- Black Licorice Strings
- Melt Green Candy Melts in the microwave at 50% power until almost melted. (Do not over heat) I use a mug because it is tall and thin, the easiest for dipping.
- Dip lollipop sticks into the green melts and insert into each marshmallow. Let cool.
- Dip the marshmallow into the green melts until completely covered. Let the melts drip off the marshmallow while tapping on the edge of the mug to remove excess. (If you leave too much on the marshmallow, it will just drip off while cooling).
- While still wet, cover melts with green coloured sugar. I found it easiest to leave the pop in the bowl and spoon the colored sugar over the pop instead of rolling it.
- Set aside and let cool completely.
- Once cool, place yellow melts in a sandwich ziploc bag and microwave at 50% power until melted.
- Snip the corner off the ziploc and pipe a small circle in the centre of the pop and attach a shamrock sprinkle.
- Using yellow melts, adhere yellow M&M minis to the top of the "pot of gold".
- Cut your liquorice strings into 2" pieces.
- Using a small wooden skewer, poke holes into each side of the pop. Fill holes with a tiny bit of melts and insert licorice strings.
- Let cool.
When I saw pot of gold cake pops over at My Little Cupcake Blog I fell in love with them! She did an amazing job on them using cake and they really are beautiful! Make sure you head over and check them out!