I made these for my son’s birthday and they were a HUGE hit! The best part is that they are super easy to make and you really cannot mess up the decorating!
‘Spaghetti and Meatballs’ Cupcakes
- 12 Chocolate cupcakes (purchased or made from a mix)
- 1 Jar of Vanilla Frosting
- 1/2 teaspoon Cocoa Powder
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- Ferrero Rocher Chocolates (1 per cupcake)
- Seedless Raspberry Jam or Strawberry Jam
- Ziploc bags
- White chocolate bar
- Bake cupcakes according to directions and cool completely.
- Empty the frosting into a bowl and tint using the cocoa powder and food coloring.
- Top each cupcake with a thin layer of frosting and then arrange the cupcakes on a plate close together.
- Put the frosting into a ziplock bag and snip a tiny hole in the corner of the bag.
- Pipe the frosting all over the cupcakes so they look like "noodles"… the more you pipe, the better!
- Very slightly heat the jam/preserves (5-10 seconds in the microwave) to make it a little bit runny. Roll the chocolates to coat. Note: you do not want the jam hot or warm or it will melt the chocolate. You just want it a little bit runny.
- Place 1 chocolate on each cupcake and spoon a little bit of the jam on top to look like sauce.
- Using a large holed grater, grate the white chocolate over top to look like grated cheese.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
This recipe was inspired by Hello Cupcake which is a book you are definitely going to want to check out! It is FULL of so many cute and simple ideas!